viernes, 28 de mayo de 2010

I Am...


What´s the first thing that comes to your mind if they ask you to finish this sentence, "I am..."?

"I Am..." is a video by Steven Nicholas Smith which he describes as both a film and a social experiment. He asked pedestrians in Philadelphia to finish this sentence, "I Am..." and then created a montage of answers. He selected a few and allowed them to explain their answers a little further, creating "not only written poems but a visual metaphor of these responses"; here are the answers he chose for a longer explanation:

1. I am constantly at war with my body: make sure you understand these words before you listen to the girl explaining what this sentence means to her: parasite, seizure (= a sudden attack, spasm, or convulsion, as in epilepsy or another disorder) , malfunction, misdiagnosis, Lyme disease
2. I am proud of my parents´resilience (= the ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune). Check the meaning of refugee
3. I am an actor "Once upon a time". Here´s some vocabulary to watch out for: cast, alien, stunt, unemployed


Would you like to see other videos by Steven Nicholas Smith? Click here

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...