lunes, 31 de octubre de 2011

We are 7 Billion People


The seventh billion person in the world was born today; in fact, two babies claim the title, one in Philippines and one in India. There are lots of topics for discussion here: the two babies are girls, they were born in overpopulated countries, the rate of babies being born is increasing so fast that even the title has to be shared ...

National Geographic has a made a series  analyzing the impact of such an amount of people in the world; they also made this video which is a sort of summary.



Besides, they tried to figure out the most typical characteristics of people in the world. Watch the video and tell me, how typical are you? 



Here´s another video which explains why and how we have reached this amount of people and what the future will bring; click here for more information about this:


Would you like to know where you fit in the seven billion people, what number person you are? Click here to find out

2 comentarios:

  1. Well, I think this is a very good piece of news. I think we have to be happy with this. The relationships with other people are very important for us, and now, we have a lot of people in order to meet and we can travel in order to do it.
    But I think there are some negative aspects in this piece of news. I think it´s very sad to see villages, beautiful villages, with only old people. Because I like going to my grandparents´ village the weekends, and I would like doing all my life if it´s possible. So the goverment have to do something to solve this.
    Finally, I also believe that we have to take care with water, food and so on. In Spain we have a lot of them, but there are a lot of countries where there are no water in order to drink; food in order to eat; and so on. To be honest, I don´t do a lot in order to save them, but I think we have to think about this problem.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Iago, I am afraid I disagree. I find 7 billion people are too many and things should be very different for the world to be a nice place for everybody. I do think it is possible to have a better world; maybe being aware of the problem is the first step...

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...