martes, 14 de febrero de 2012

I Love You... in the Movies

So today is Valentine´s Day...



Here´s to the movie geeks out there: a video clip of different "I love you" scenes in the movies. If you are interested in knowing how the selection was made, click here -it will take you to the blog called Overthinking It. The transcript is below the video, so there´s no reason for you not to learn how to say "I love you" in a number of ways...



TRANSCRIPT: 

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and the thing is, I love you. You are the epitome of everything I've ever looked for in another human being. Love is too weak a word for the way I feel. I lurv you. I loave you. I luff you. I sort of feel like I'm on drugs when I'm when you. Not that I do drugs, unless you do drugs, in which case I do drugs all the time. There's only one place in the world I call home and it's because you're there. I'd feel better sitting outside your apartment on the curb than any other place I can think of or imagine. I'm not waking up another morning without being able to look at you next to me. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.

Can't you see what I'm trying to tell you, I love you! Very much. No other love but you. I love you. Like a sickness and its cure together. I love you. (Ditto.) I should have told you every day from the moment I met you. You complete me. Te adoro, Maria. I love you Chicken. I love you Honey Bunny. I think that's the only thing I've ever been really sure of in my entire life. You are the woman that I want. How many more times do I have to say it? (One more time would be nice.) You have bewitched me, body and soul. Whatever I am... I'm yours. I am so in love with you. You're the only one for me.

I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is. Love means never having to say you're sorry. Love is a many-splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love! Some people search all their life for this and never find it. You think this happens everyday? I love you dream woman! What do I have to do to prove it to you? Huh? You want the moon? You want me to renounce my throne? The wooing, the spooning, I am all in! Because when you find the one... you never give up. All I ever wanted... was you!

I love you. I love you. I love you. I've loved you more than any woman's ever loved a rabbit. I love you more than anyone has ever loved. I love you more than my life. I love you more than band music and cookie-making. I want to be with you. I made up my mind you were the only woman for me. I've loved you since the first day I met you, and I'll never stop. I'll love you always. Until your heart stops beating. 'Til the stars turn cold. Forever. I've never felt that before.

I love you. Can't believe how many times I'm saying it! I love you. Because I came alive when I met you. And there's only one person that makes me feel like I can fly. So I will wait forever for you, okay? I will wait the rest of my life. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day. I love you. I love you. I love you! I love you! I love you. I always have. And I always will. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of the life to start as soon as possible.

Just shut up... you had me at "hello."

And now a song by Jamie Lawson , I Wasn´t Expecting That, which tells a love story with an unexpected ending. Listen to it first and see if you can follow the story; if you can´t, find the lyrics below. I know it is not one of those happy "I love you" songs for Valentine´s Day but I think it is a very pretty song, and it will certainly help you remember the meaning of the verb "expect"...



Click here to get the guitar chords and the lyrics.

Lyrics (including some grammar mistakes, which, of course, you will ignore...):
It was only a smile but my heart it went wild
and I wasn't expecting that
just a delicate kiss, anyone could've missed

I wasn't expecting that
Did I misread the sign? Your hand slipped into mine
I wasn't expecting that
You spent the night in my bed, you woke up and you said
"Well, I wasn't expecting that"

I thought love wasn't meant to last,
I thought you were just passing through
If I ever get the nerve to ask
What did I get right to deserve somebody like you?

I wasn't expecting that
It was only a word, it was almost mis-heard
'Cause I wasn't expecting that
But it came without fear, a month turned into a year
And I wasn't expecting that

I thought love wasn't meant to last,
I thought you were just passing through
If I ever get the nerve to ask
What did I get right to deserve somebody like you?
I wasn't expecting that

Isn't it strange how a life can be changed
in the flicker of the sweetest smile
We were married in spring
You know I wouldn't change a thing
Without an innocent kiss, what a life I'd have missed,

If you'd not took a chance on a little romance
When I wasn't expecting that
Time doesn't take long, three kids up and gone
And I wasn't expecting that
And when the nurses they came, said its come back again
I wasn't expecting that
Then you closed your eyes, took my heart by surprise
And I wasn't expecting that!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...