Friday, April 6, 2012

Start the Weekend With a Smile

Here are a couple of gags from the British sitcom  (= situational comedy) Fawlty Towers. It is a very old show but I think these two clips are very funny.

The series deals with the anecdotes that take place in a hotel in England and Manuel, the Spanish waiter, is an important character. Manuel is very proud of his English as you can see here:


But Manuel has big problems to understand the owner of the hotel, Basil Fawlty, not only because of the little English he knows and his poor grasp of English customs but also because of the owner´s character, mainly his lack of sensitivity and tolerance.

2 comments:

  1. Laura Rodríguez de la Sierra (2ºB 2010-2011)11 April, 2012

    Hi Rosa! (Maybe, you don't remember me, I left high school last year)
    I'm writing because last summer I spent 3 weeks in Toronto and my host family, specially the father, was a big fan of this show, and he told me lots of things about it, futhermore they had a book with all the chapters of the show. I read it and when I arrived in Spain I looked for the chapters online. It's a funny show, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, sure I remember you! I am so happy to hear from you! Why don´t you drop by sometime and we have a coffee together? I´d love to know how you are doing - and I´d love to hear about your experience in Canada last summer.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...