martes, 25 de septiembre de 2012

My Teacher Last Year Didn´t See My Potential

I am getting to know my students these days reading what they wrote about themselves in their diagnosis tests. "My teacher last year didn´t see my potential," wrote one of them and the statement reminded me of this video: a visual reflection on how we teach nowadays, and how we classify students (mind you, I couldn´t help laughing when I read the sentence,too, but I don´t want  to go any deeper into that because I  do not want to offend anyone´s sensibilities).  

The video is meant for parents but I feel identified as a teacher; it makes me long for a more flexible school system, one which allows me -as a teacher- to know my students better and care about them the way they need to be taken care of.

As a student, do you identify with any of the animals mentioned in the text? Why? Is that good / bad? 





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...