martes, 1 de octubre de 2013

School Year 2013-13: Homework Assignment 2

This video is called"Girl Quits Job by  Making Dance Video At Work"; explicit title, isn´t it?

This is what you have to do:
  1. Watch the video and make sure you understand the messages that pop up
  2. Answer these questions (do it mentally; you needn´t write them down!) in relation to what you see and read in the video: who, where, when, what, why? If you can´t, watch the video again focusing on the answers you haven´t been able to answer yet
  3. Imagine you are the girl in the video and I am a friend of yours: write an email to me. Include the following information:
  • tell me what you have just done (include the details mentioned in the video)
  • let me know how you felt after you posted the video on the internet
  • explain how you feel now that your video has gone viral
Remember: use your own words, don´t copy the messages from the video



This assignment is due October, Friday 11th.

Good luck!


By the way, this is a video from the internet; we are used to watching videos that seem to be true and turn out to be fake...what is the truth about this one? (who knows?)





2nd part of this story: Click here

8 comentarios:

  1. Laura T. 1ºB02 octubre, 2013

    Dear Rosa:
    I am writing this email to tell you what I have just done. I am working in a job since two years, I have to sacrifice my relationships, my time and my energy at this job, also I have to work at night. My boss cares about the views that one video gets, this is the only thing that worried him. So I figured out that I should make a video about me, and I did it. I clicked the buttom ON, and the music started to play, I started dancing and with a camera I recorded me. When the video ended up I quited.
    If I am honest, I should tell you that after I posted the video on the Internet I thought it a lot. I was frightened but I decided that this is the better idea. I have to confess that I was very nervous.
    Now when I see that my video has gone viral, I am very pleased and I don´t regret anything. I am very happy for left this job because I spent a lot of time there and nobody appreciated me.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi there,I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuationAll the best for all your blogging efforts.Appreciate the recommendation! Let me try it out.
    Keep working ,great job!
    Awesome post
    Sql dba training

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much! I do appreciate your words.

      Eliminar
  3. Ángela 1º B05 octubre, 2013

    Hi Rosa:
    Do you remember the horrible work I told you i had? I left it. I was tired to work since two years, sacrificating myself and wasting time. My boss only cared about how many views each video had. So i decided to make a video announcing i quit this job.
    When I posted it on YouTube I felt very happy to have done it. My boss did't deserved all my hard work and all the hours i worked at night (I recorded this video at 4.30 am). I felt a little bit nervous, but avobe all i was proud todo it.
    When I noticed all the views the video I was impressed. I don't worry about left the work and of course, to have made the video.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Coral López Álvarez 2ºB07 octubre, 2013

    Hi Rosa!
    I have finally done it! As you know, I was thinking a lot about it and this Saturday I decided to make it official… I quit my job! Maybe you are thinking that I am very irresponsible but I was really tired of work too hard at this company that generates videos. I spent many time and I hadn’t receive any professional recognition; my boss was only worry about how many visits have got the videos! I wanted to do something different to say goodbye to my boss, so I made a video to focus on the essence and don’t care about the views. I posted it in youtube where you can see me telling my story and dancing. After that, I felt very relieved, the two years that I spent in this company were finish. Nowadays, lot of people in all the world have seen it, I am stunned! What are my boss thinking about it? I don’t care, I am very happy!
    See you soon
    Coral

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks, Coral, you can now check your email and correct your mistakes.

      Eliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...