- read the comprehension questions - make sure you understand them
- find the key word in each question: the word that will help you know what sort of information you need to listen for
- you may listen to the video up to three times; after that you may read the transcript included in the youtube page but beware of its mistakes
- Where is she from?
- How many short - story books had she published when this interview came out?
- What part of Canada is depicted most in her stories?
- Why did A. Munro decide to write short stories instead of novels?
- How long did it take her to write a short story?
- How old was she when she started writing?
- What does she think about small towns?
- How does she describe the Canadian society of her childhood?
- What kind of people are the characters in her stories?
- How did A. Munro´s relationship with her own mother influence her writing?
Would you like to read any of her short stories? Here are some of them: Amundsen, Train, Boys and Girls