Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Raquel´s Choice: Bruce Springsteen´s `The River´


Raquel has chosen a couple of songs . Here´s one of them: Bruce Springsteen´s `The River´: 


This song is about a couple of teenagers whose lifchanges completely when the girl got pregnant. Because of tradition they got married but they aren't happy. The song tells us the economic difficulties that the couple have to overcome.




Click here if you want to read the lyrics side by side to their translation into Spanish

Thanks, Raquel!

2 comments:

  1. I was surpised when I saw this publication because I like so much Bruce Springsteen and the song was proposed by a girl who is named like me, so that's a big coincidence.
    I would like to provide a little detail about the song. My dad is a big fan of The Boss and one time he told me the girl that Bruce refers to in the song is his sister. I don't know if that's not true, but I don't think so. So I thought it is an interesting fact, since knowing that, the song hides a special meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment, Raquel!

      Knowing that "the Boss" has so many fans of your age has been a big surprise for me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...