jueves, 9 de marzo de 2017
If Students Designed Their Own Schools...
How to reform education for the 21st century... maybe letting students design their own schools?
If you could design your own school, what would it be like?
Watch the video to learn about an actual experiment, The Independent Project: a group of students gets to create their own school-within-a-school and they learn only what they want to learn.
These are some of the things that come out in the video:
* self-directed learning ( are students able to teach themselves?)
* what´s the role of the teacher?
* who decides what´s good work?
* independent freedom and thinking
* what tangible benefits do you see?
* different types of learning
* no assigned work / no tests
* learning becomes a group activity / peer support
* the ownership of students over their learning
* what happens to students who suffer from dyslexia?
You may choose subtitles for the video in English or Spanish