Wednesday, April 28, 2010

To all the Football Supporters at School...

"Waka Waka"(This Time for Africa) has been chosen by the FIFA to be the Official Song of the upcoming World Cup. I´m sure you´ll recognise the singer, Shakira; she will perform the song together with the South African group Freshlyground at the closing ceremony on July 11. We´ll be hearing it quite often from now on so we´d better get used to it!



Shakira was also recently named an ambassador of 1GOAL, adding her voice to the campaign's call that the lasting legacy of this year's FIFA World Cup be that every child can exercise their right to an education. 1GOAL is supported by some of the biggest names in the global football community. I´ve linked the name to the webpage in English but if you choose the Spanish version, I´m sure you´ll recognise some of the footballers there.

1GOAL is not the only organization that gets together European football (=soccer)and education, PLAY4AFRICA is another initiative, this time a Spanish one, which promotes using football as a vehicle for achieving personal development and improving self esteem. This is the video that represents their campaign.



2 comments:

  1. Hi , I'm Ana, an English teacher too. You've been mentioned on my blog as one of the blogs which is worth visiting.
    This is part of an initiative called "Vale a pena ficar de olho nesse blog". The chosen blog has to embed the prize picture with a link to the blog she/he has received the prize from and write ten more links to the blogs which are well worth a visit.
    Congratulations and thanks for your blog.
    Mine is "Mis clases...".
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Ana. I feel very pleased and honoured. I´ll get down to do my "homework" as soon as I make up my mind on which blogs to choose...not an easy task, mind you!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...