Monday, December 27, 2010

Another Song, "Crayola Doesn´t Make a Color For Your Eyes"

This  is the official music video for "Crayola Doesn't Make A Color For Your Eyes" by Kristin Andreassen, from her album "Kiss Me Hello".
This song won the John Lennon Songwriting Award for Best Children's Song  in 2007 but I have just discovered it. I hope you like it too. Find the lyrics below and check the vocabulary related to colours, I´m sure you´ll learn a few words.



I went to see the doctor. I'd come down with the blues.
She said "No, I can't cure you, but here´s something you can do.
Take out a piece of paper, and  go sit down for a while,
And  draw a pretty picture of something that makes you smile."
Well, I know what makes me happy. I didn't have to think for long.
But when I tried to draw it,  it always came out wrong.
I had a box of 12, 48 and 64,
But nowhere could I find that one shade I was looking for.
I guess I realized shoulda (should have) come as no surprise

CHORUS: Crayola doesn't make a color for your eyes.
There is no way that I could possibly describe you.
Crayola doesn't make a color to draw my love.


At first I thought of Green Blue, but then I saw Blue Green.
And then again in bright light, they look Aquamarine.
I think at night they're darker. I looked again for you.
Saw Grey and Black and went out walkin' after Midnight Blue
But  hues of the deepest skies would be a compromise

CHORUS

Spring Green is much too yellow, Sea Green is far too pale.
Cornflower's way too mellow, so I'll try again and fail.
There's no way I can capture the way you make me feel.
One look from you is rapture, whether Blue or Green or Teal.
No color qualifies. That crayon's telling lies
Crayola doesn't make a color

Hey look, it's Periwinkle. So sure I got it now.
You wink and there's a twinkle in your eye and still, somehow,
I just can't get that sparkle. Those glitter crayons won't.
Maybe Glow-In-The-Dark'll get it right. Aw, no they don't.
Mr. Crayola tries, but I'm left to fantasize
Crayola doesn't make a color,
For your eyes something darker, let's see what I can find.
Melted mahogany and got the depth not the shine.
Just about gave up and then I peeled the paper off a little end of...
Really thought it coulda (could have) been... ahh, not even Burnt Sienna!
Your passport says they're brown, but I'm gonna keep lookin' round...

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...