Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Japan Tsunami Aftermath

Now that we are all focused on the problems at the nuclear power stations in Japan, we seem to have forgotten what´s going on in the other areas devastated by the water.

Here´s a video about the tsunami aftermath in Japan that may bring you to tears. The images are the same in both videos but in the first one you´ll hear a piano while in the second there is no music but the comments and sounds made by people in the different places filmed for the video. The peace and calm in the way both the soldiers and the ordinary people move in the video make it really disturbing, from my point of view. What do you think? Which video do you think reflects the destruction in the area in a more powerful way? Why?


Aftermath - The Japanese Tsunami from Dan Chung on Vimeo.



Click here if you want to read about one of the areas worst affected by the tsunami.

Click here for more info.

3 comments:

  1. They are two different videos.

    The first is a set-up where someone makes an interpretation of what happened, and gives us his point of view. The slow and sad music together with a continuous (and very slow) camera movement increases the feeling of destruction.

    The second is a news reports. It show the situation of the destroyed areas, and the thought of the people.

    I like better the second.
    I prefer to understand the reality by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your description, "Erelea", but I must admit when I watched the first video, I was really moved, so the combination of music and no words did work and gave a special feeling to the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it was just the intention of the author, so: good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...