Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Farewell Message to my 2nd BAC Students

Dear students,

I don´t want to see you go onto a new stage in your life without a word to say goodbye (again) and give you some advice but I know you are tired after your university entrance exams so I will try to be brief.

First of all, you should think about what going off to university means: it is a big change but not only  in your life, in your parents´ and family life, too. Sometimes it is not easy for parents -although  the real reason why it is so hard may not be what you think it is:


Going to university is not merely changing places; it is meant to help you grow as a person and mature, so get the most out of it. Don´t imitate those people who think it is just a way of continuing the kindergarten or school years:








Maturing is not easy but you learnt how to use the scientific method at school and you used it for some projects in different subjects in the last couple of years, so why not applying it to life?:

These two images show two very good pieces of advice for  life, put them into practice and you´ll be happier:




Bob Dylan´s song Forever Young says most of the things I want to tell you in a much nicer way  so, pay attention to the lyrics:  its an anthem to youth but to doing the right thing  as well:



And last but not least,  my best wishes to you all and good luck in the future. You know where and how to find me if you ever need me:




2 comments:

  1. Laura Rodríguez de la Sierra14 June, 2011

    Rosa, thank you for all the things you do this year.
    I think it's going to be difficult for us to go to the University after so much years with the same people in the same place but, I believe it is a period of life that we should live and I hope to enjoy it.
    Best wishes for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura. I will miss your laughter (you and I have peculiar ways of laughing). I bet you laughed when you saw the cartoon...
    Let me know how things go for you at university.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...