Monday, September 19, 2011

Back to School: Ready, Steady, Go!

ImageChef Custom Images

Dear students,

Here´s a video which highlights the process of learning - and its importance - in a child´s and a teenager´s brain. I hope it helps you understand yourselves a little bit better and come back to school with a very positive attitude




If your English comprehension is too rusty after the summer break, click here to watch the video with the audio in Spanish.

Being a learner implies making lots of mistakes; in fact, we can say that failing is a very important part of the learning process. But failing is frequent in everybody´s lives, not only learners. Have a look at this video where Michael Jordan explains the importance of failure in his life. 




This is the Michael Jordan´s message:
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot…and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

If I could choose the type of students in my classes, I would  like you - my students - to be interested in learning and, at the same time, to be sensitive and sensible people who care about the world and are not too focused on themselves or obsessed with "the first world problems". You´ll know what I mean when you watch the following video.





And when you go back home after school today, if your mother smiles at you in a suspicious way as she asks you about your first day at school, imagine what she must have been thinking about all morning...

And I do hope your feelings and impressions on this first day will be better than these:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...