Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Story Behind Lorde´s Song "Royals"

Where can you find inspiration for a song?

About a month ago, we "sang" (sort of…)  Lorde´s song Royals; today I would like to share with you the story behind that song - as it has been published in National Geographic News.

According to the magazine, Lorde wrote the song after seeing a National Geographic photo of Kansas City Royals player George Brett. This photo appeared in a July 1976 article about Kansas City. (Click here to read the entire piece of news).

And this is Lorde´s explanation: 

"I had this image from the National Geographic of this dude just signing baseballs. He was a baseball player and his shirt said 'Royals.'"

In the video below you can hear Lorde herself telling us about the first line she wrote for the song



Could you understand Lorde´s words? Here they are, just in case:

"One thing about words that people may not know is … Oh, gosh!I think the first line I wrote from that song was, ‘We’re driving Cadillacs in our dreams,’ which was in a diary that I had when I was like 11 or 12, so young.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...